We are not recruiting at the moment. When we do decide to recruit again then the advertised post will be similar to the details shown here.
£20,000 – Bath & M4 Corridor
Marriott Statistical Consulting Ltd are looking to employ a graduate statistician to sustain recent business growth. This is an excellent opportunity to benefit from Nigel Marriott's extensive expertise and to learn how statistics is applied in the real world. In effect, you will be his apprentice for the first 2 years and the value of the one on one coaching you will receive should not be underestimated. You will also have the opportunity to visit clients and develop skills in dealing with many types of clients. The role is a home-based one but there will be regular meetings in Bath.
- A person with initiative who is able to work on their own, manage their own time and complete multiple disparate tasks to a variety of deadlines.
- Certified as Graduate Statistician by the Royal Statistical Society or holding a statistical qualification that meets the requirements of the RSS GradStat scheme.
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistical theory & practice in two of these topics:- Time Series Analysis & Forecasting
- Sample & Survey Design
- Generalised Linear Modelling
- Multivariate Analysis
- Statistical Process Control & Continuous Improvement
- Good communication skills particularly when communicating complex statistical concepts to a non-statistical audience both verbally and in written form.
- Strong software skills including:- Microsoft Excel especially data management functions & pivot tables.
- Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access) especially the design of queries.
- Statistical packages (preferably R).
Marriott Statistical Consulting has worked with over 100 organisations. You can find more details on our Case Studies page by clicking on this link.
We also work in partnership with a wide variety of researchers and consultancies to help them deliver statistical solutions to their clients. Visit our About Team page for more details.
Please note, if you do not have the right to work in the UK, we will not consider your application. As a small company, we do not have the resources to spend time obtaining a work permit from the immigration authorities.
When preparing your CV, you must provide evidence that you meet the essential requirements listed above. In the first instance, please email your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .