The government requires all organisations employing 250 or more employees to submit gender pay gap data. The first set of submissions were completed in April 2018 but these figures refer to pay made in April 2017 i.e. a year ago. Organisations can submit their 2018 data now if they wish and not wait for the deadline of April 2019. All data is available to the public and can be found on the government’s gender pay gap website. I have downloaded this data and created a spreadsheet tool to present the data in a more user-friendly and visual format.
You are very welcome to download this spreadsheet and make use of the charts and tables within. I would appreciate it if you could credit me with the creation of the charts.
Click to download my spreadsheet Gender Pay Gap Data & Chart Tool v1.1.
Once opened, select the organisation you want to view from the dropdown box (please note there are over 10,000 organisations!). There is a HELP sheet which you can read for more information. The spreadsheet contains links which provide more explanation of what is being presented but you will find most of this information in my article “7 ways to misuse gender pay gap data“.
I will make a point of keeping this spreadsheet up to date as organisations upload new data so please bookmark this page and come back to see if the version number has changed. I will also let you know via my twitter feed if changes have been made.
If you have any comments or questions about my spreadsheet, please do contact me.
— Want to know more about the gender pay gap? —
I have written a number of articles about the gender pay gap covering these topics:-
- What gender pay gap data tells us, what it doesn’t tell us and how it can be misused
- Three distinct errors that have been made by at least 10% of all organisations when submitting their gender pay gap data
- How to distinguish between a true pay gap and a pay gap that arises naturally due to the laws of chance
- My 12 steps to improve public confidence in gender pay gap data
- Calculate your gender pay gap by downloading my free spreadsheet calculator!